The following camps are endorsed by Newton Youth Soccer. We sponsor and/or know the specific individuals who run the camps and understand the quality of the experience provided.
Garden City Soccer Camp 2015:
- Youth soccer camp, now in its 15th year, to be held at the fields at Newton North High School
- Camp runs from 9 am to 3 pm during the weeks of July 6th-10th and July 13th-17th
- Designed for boys and girls ages 7-14
- Opportunity to learn from some of the top coaches in the city
- Directed by Brian Rooney - former Girls' Varsity coach at Newton North and Boys' Varsity coach at Newton North and Newton South
- Staff includes Newton North High School Boys' Coach Roy Dow, as well as current and former players from Newton North and Newton South boys' and girls' soccer programs
- Daily technical training (dribbling, passing, shooting, receiving, heading, etc.)
- Daily tactical training (1v1 offense and defense, 2v1 offense and defense, etc.)
- Individual and group skills competitions each day
- Competitive scrimmages or tournaments each day
- Prizes and awards given away daily
- Swimming at the Newton North Pool offered daily
- Cost per week is $280
For more information, contact Brian Rooney at firstname.lastname@example.org
To register on-line, go to the Garden City Sports Camp website
Taylor Twellman Preseason Training 2015
This unique program created in conjunction with Twellman Soccer and Taylor Twellman will cover areas that made Taylor Twellman the leading goal scorer in New England Revolution history and one of the finest goal scorers in the MLS history.
The training will run August 31 - September 3 everyday from 9am to 2pm, and will be located on Newton Fields. This is a great opportunity for individuals or teams to get ready for the upcoming fall season.
Registration is open now and can be accessed through the Register tab.
Runners Soccer Academy 2015
Boys and girls, ages 6-13, entering grades 1-8, are invited to attend a one week soccer camp run by local high school coaches from Needham, Dover-Sherborn and John Conte, Newton South High School's Varsity Boys Soccer Coach.
The camp is geared on fun and development. Camp will run from August 10th to August 13th from 8:30 AM - 11:30 AM at DeFazio Park's turf fields in Needham. Cost is $215. To register, go to this link
Prep Soccer Academy 2015 - High School Players only
This program, directed by Newton North Head Coach Roy Dow and other top-notch coaches, is designed for entering freshmen through rising seniors to work on their technique and fitness over the course of the summer.
This summer, the program will be offered on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays throughout the summer. The program will run from 6:00-8:00 pm. The Academy will be held at the fields at the Newton South High School stadium turf field. This summer, the program will begin on June 29th and ends on August 7th. There are 2 three-week sessions that players can sign up for.
Go to Prep Soccer Academy
to find more information about the program, including schedule, coaching staff, and registration information.
High School Conditioning Camp 2015:
This intensive co-ed soccer camp offers local high school players a great opportunity to prepare for their upcoming season. The camp will focus on developing technical and tactical skills in a competitive training environment. In addition, physical conditioning will be emphasized. Space is limited, so sign up early. Camp Directors are Newton North HS boys' coach Roy Dow and girls' coach Alicia Carrillo.
Date: August 17, 2015 to August 20, 2015
Time: 9:00 am to 1:00 pm
More information and sign-up can be found here.