The following camps are endorsed by Newton Youth Soccer. We sponsor and/or know the specific individuals who run the camps and understand the quality of the experience provided. As the springtime approaches we will update the specific camps available for summer 2013, but in the meantime this should give you a sense of some options.
Garden City Soccer Camp 2013:
- Youth soccer camp, now in its 13th year, to be held at the fields at Newton North High School
- Camp runs from 9 am to 3 pm during the weeks of July 8th-12th and July 15th-19th
- Designed for boys and girls ages 7-14
- Opportunity to learn from some of the top coaches in the city
- Directed by Brian Rooney - former Girls' Varsity coach at Newton North and Boys' Varsity coach at Newton North and Newton South
- Staff includes Newton North High School Boys' Coach Roy Dow, as well as current and former players from Newton North and Newton South boys' and girls' soccer programs
- Daily technical training (dribbling, passing, shooting, receiving, heading, etc.)
- Daily tactical training (1v1 offense and defense, 2v1 offense and defense, etc.)
- Individual and group skills competitions each day
- Competitive scrimmages or tournaments each day
- Prizes and awards given away daily
- Swimming at the Newton North Pool offered daily
- Cost per week is $275
For more information, contact Brian Rooney at email@example.com
To register on-line, go to the Garden City Sports Camp website
Taylor Twellman Preseason Training 2013
This unique program created in conjunction with Twellman Soccer and Taylor Twellman will cover areas that made Taylor Twellman the leading goal scorer in New England Revolution history and one of the finest goal scorers in the MLS history.
The training will run August 26-29 everyday from 9am to 2pm, and will be located on Newton Fields. This is a great opportunity for individuals or teams to get ready for the upcoming fall season.
Feedback from last year was excellent. To register, go here
KeeperStop - A Camp Dedicated to GoalKeepers
Specific training for goalkeepers can be hard to find. KeeperStop offers local camps dedicated to goalkeeping. they offer programs for beginners, intermediate levels, and high school players. Innstruction will introduce and reinforce goalkeeping techniques such as the ready position, handling, angles, diving, distribution, coming off the line, and high ball techniques in a fun but challenging soccer environment. Each day will have a different theme. For more advanced keepers, camp will revisit the technical needs of goalkeepers to sharpen technical skills and introduce elements of decision making through game situations. More detailed instruction in terms of handling, positioning, footwork, collapse and grass cutter saves, deflecting vs. catching, high balls, breakaways, and communication.
More information and registration can be found here ---> KeeperStop Camp Info.
Runners Soccer Academy 2013
Boys and girls, ages 6-13, entering grades 1-8, are invited to attend a one week soccer camp run by local high school coaches from Needham, Dover-Sherborn and John Conte, Newton South High School's Varsity Boys Soccer Coach.
The camp is geared on fun and development. Camp will run from 8:30 AM - 11:30 AM at DeFazio Park's turf fields in Needham. Cost is $215. Dates will be finalized soon.
Prep Soccer Academy - High School Players only 2013
This program, directed by Newton North Head Coach Roy Dow and other top-notch coaches, is designed for entering freshmen through rising seniors to work on their technique and fitness over the course of the summer.
This summer, the program will be offered on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays throughout the summer. The program will run from 6:00-8:00 pm. The Academy will be held at the fields at the Newton South High School stadium turf field.
Go to Prep Soccer Academy
to find more information about the program, including schedule, coaching staff, and registration information.
High School Conditioning Camp 2013
This intensive co-ed soccer camp offers local high school players a great opportunity to prepare for their upcoming season. The camp will focus on developing technical and tactical skills in a competitive training environment. In addition, physical conditioning will be emphasized. Space is limited, so sign up early. Camp Directors are Newton North HS boys' coach Roy Dow and girls' coach James Hamblin.
Date: August 19, 2013 to August 22, 2013
Time: 9:00 am to 12:00 pm
Location: Warren Field in Newton
More information and sign-up can be found here.